Principle Investigator - Advanced Navigation, Engineer 4
Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in.
In this role you will be responsible for conceptual development for RF PNT systems; specification and oversight of hardware / firmware / software implementations; design and oversight of flight demonstrations; and presentations to internal and external groups. Additionally, you will be supporting proposal activities, representing Northrop Grumman at technical conferences and working groups; will be the point of contact for interacting with customers regarding current programs and to develop business; and will act in program leadership roles such as planning and overseeing the execution of technical activities.
- MS in electrical engineering, aerospace engineering or related degree with a minimum of 7 years of directly related experience or PhD in electrical engineering, aerospace engineering or related degree with a minimum of 4 years of directly related experience.
- Experience in Software Architecture and Object-Oriented design patterns
- Demonstrated experience in GNSS receiver design and implementation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- PhD in electrical engineering, aerospace engineering or related degree
- Experience in GNSS receiver design and implementation is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of principles of navigation, including inertial navigation, aided navigation, and Kalman filtering, is highly desirable.
- Experience with Security Architectures and Security Certification.
- Experience with related RF systems (e.g. comms, electronic warfare)
- Experience working Government-funded R&D programs
- Proficiency with C/C , MATLAB/Simulink, VHDL
- Security clearance with current background investigation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top