Principle Engineer Systems (Airworthiness Engineer) C-130 AMP
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in Melbourne FL has a contingent opening for an Principle Airworthiness Engineer to work on an exciting program.
The selected candidate will perform technical airworthiness planning and development of airworthiness plans, basis of certifications, means of compliance, and certification activities for complex total systems with Northrop Grumman IPT and REs.
Reviews and coordinates with other airworthiness engineers, and with other engineering disciplines, airworthiness artifacts from all levels of total system to include: design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance. Performs functional and process analyses.
Ensures the logical and systematic realization of customer airworthiness objectives are turned into system solutions to meet program objectives (e.g. Flight releases, Type Certification, continued airworthiness, and operation or airspace integration).
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline along with 5+ years of aircraft engineering experience
- Must have or be able to obtain an active U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance.
- Experience with aircraft development or modifications
- Experience generating artifacts and/or compliance reports as part of aircraftdevelopment.
- Bachelors or Masters in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering with work experience on manned aircraft systems
- DoD Airworthiness Experience
- Commercial or Military aircraft development or modification experience
- Design and Systems Engineering experience in one or more of the following areas: Flight Deck Integration, Flight Test
- Familiarity of MIL-HDBK-516B Expanded and -516C
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top