Principal/Sr.Principal Systems Engineer
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people; and protect the world and that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineer based out of Huntsville, Alabama.
What You'll get to Do:
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, integration and test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Support technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
This requisition may be filled as either a Principal Systems Engineer or a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer.
- BQs for a Principal Systems Engineer are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 3 Years with Masters; 0 with PhD
- BQs for a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer are 9 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 7 Years with Masters; 4 with PhD
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: data analysis, algorithm development, requirements development, modeling & simulation, or interface development
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to both technical and nontechnical personnel
- Ability to obtain & maintain DoD Secret security clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Active Secret Clearance
- Performing root cause analysis
- 1 or more of the following: proficiency with either MATLAB, Python, or C++ or other languages
- Air and Missile Defense or Command and Control
- Applying statistical methods to datasets to characterize system behavior and optimize performance
- Experience with wireless point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, and multipoint communication devices and systems
- Experience with Agile Development lifecycle process
Back to top