Principal/Sr. Principal Systems Software Analyst 3/4 - TS/SCI/Poly required
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking an experienced Systems Software Analyst 3 or 4 requiring an active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance. The Systems Administrator will be a member of the Engineering & Sciences (E&S) Eastern Region homeroom. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to design, develop, produce and sustain product lines across while providing a decisive advantage to our customer's missions. This position will be located in Fairfax, VA.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Devise solutions to complex problems and work with minimal direction or oversight.
- Understand how tasks fit within the overall objectives of the program and must perform work in accordance with these objectives.
- Engage with company leadership, external business partners, and customers, as required to communicate technical information regarding the program.
- Collaborates with engineers, project managers, users, and InfoSec stakeholders to determine current/future needs/requirements.
- Ensures data integrity by evaluating vendor products, proposing, implementing and maintaining software and hardware solutions.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use and maintenance of computing resources.
- Performs audits as directed by the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO).
Supports the integration and test of hardware, software, subsystems, and systems in a test environment
- Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system; including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Creation and maintenance of administrator and user accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space, providing backup recovery.
Level 3: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related STEM disciplineand a minimum of 5 years of related experience, a Master's Degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience, or a PhD with no experience required.
Level 4: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related STEM discipline and a minimum of 9 years of related experience, a Master's Degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience, ora PhD and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
Active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance based on current SSBI (within 5 years)
Proven experience with basic programming/scripting languages such as, Python, and/or PowerShell/bash scripting.
Experience installing, configuring, patching, IA/Security hardening and tuning, and monitoring of enterprise-level variants of Windows and/or Linux systems.
Experience with Wide-Area networks (WANs), Local-Area networks (LANs), TCP/IP, DNS, NIS, Active Directory, Apache Tomcat or other web application servers.
Demonstrated experience designing, developing, testing, validating, and maintaining solutions in the AWS Cloud Platform
Demonstrated understanding of and experience building large, integrated hardware systems from bare metal (racking, cabling, powering, initializing
Demonstrated understanding of and experience with virtualization technologies, including VMware and GPU-based applications within a virtualized environment.
Process oriented and customer service oriented based on ITSM best practices (ITIL/ISO 9001 Certification)
Experience with Network configuration and troubleshooting, to include routing, access lists, firewalls, and load balancers.
Experience with distributed version control systems (e.g., Git, Bitbucket) and automation Configuration Management tools experience (e.g., Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Terrrafom)
Advanced Linux Administration (Red Hat/CentOS, kernel tuning, clustering,etc.)Virtualization experience (VMware & Nutanix)
Industry certifications (e.g., AWS, MCSA, RHCE, )
CompTIA Security+ Certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IATII or III
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top