Principal/Sr. Principal Systems Engineer- Top Secret
- Dulles, VA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on Earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
This Systems Engineer role is located in Dulles, VA, supporting our National Security Space Systems programs that include technical roles at the mission, segment, and component levels. They span the entire program life cycle from early concept studies, design development, system integration/test, launch and early operations, mission operations/sustainment, and system disposal. Programs range from small feasibility studies to medium-sized on-orbit technology demonstrations and large-scale national systems.
Successful candidates for this position will work in a senior technical role supporting development for a next generation ground system in the National Security Systems (NSS) business area. the program is considered to be a center-of-excellence for ground software development that is developing innovative tools to aid operators with planning spacecraft maneuvers and supporting vehicle activities, as well as monitoring mission progress and safety.
The System Engineer duties include:
- Systems architecture and design
- Requirements decomposition, verification & validation
- Mission planning
- Mentoring, coaching, training, guiding, and advising junior staff
- Must have U.S. Citizenship with active or current Top Secret level security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 5+ years of experience or Master's Degree and 3+ years of experience
- This position may be hired at a higher level with a Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, math or related area and 9+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 7+ years of experience
- Active or current SCI
- Ground systems expertise
- Experience in mission planning
- Model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and/or Cameo Systems Modeler experience
Back to top