Principal/Sr. Principal Modeling & Simulation Systems Engineer
- Huntsville, AL
Northrop Grumman, Space Systems Sector is seeking a Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, AL. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Engineering and Sciences organization supporting the Ground Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) program. The M&S team has responsibility to develop and integrate models into the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) architecture that reflect the tactical system capabilities.
The successful applicant will assist in developing new and updating existing simulation models and algorithms, including implementation of tactical messaging, data logging, and validation testing. Software development, unit testing, framework integration, validation testing, and automation scripting are performed in a closed environment. The team member would assist with performance behavior of operational vs. model analysis and mission effectiveness analysis.
The successful applicant will participate in an AGILE software development workflow to support non-real-time simulation of operational behavior of the GMD system. The successful applicant will support and develop improvements for testing methodologies, code peer reviews, and writing of unit tests as well as participate in the development and documentation of M&S system architectures.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Sector, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled as either a Principal Systems Engineer or a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer.
- BQs for a Principal Systems Engineer are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 3 Years with Masters; 0 with PhD
- BQs for a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer are 9 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 7 Years with Masters; 4 with PhD
- Experience with the design, development, and testing of C++ in a Unix/Linux environment
- Python, Perl, Unix shell, or other scripting experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Prior GMD experience
- Experience with the ADA programming language
- Experience with GIT or other software version control
- HTML, CSS, and Java Script
- SQL or other database experience
- Data Architecture design, modeling, and implementation
- Software interfaces, such as VMF and 1553 bus protocol
Back to top