Principal/Sr Principal Engineer RF Microwave Design (Top Secret Clearance)
- Chandler, AZ
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
This position can be filled at either the Principal Engineer (level 3) or Sr Principal Engineer (level 4).
- Design and analysis of communications systems for satellite and interplanetary applications. Familiar with analyses such as link budgets, gain/loss budgets, noise figure, linearity, spurious, etc.
- Requirements flow-down from top-level customer document to component-level specification.
- Cost account management for engineering portion of multi-year program, including cost and labor estimating, task scheduling and earned value tracking
- Prepare and present design reviews for internal and external customers
- Subcontractor management (some travel required) and manufacturing interface definition including performance specification, interface control drawing, and statement of work generation, as well as continuous technical support throughout the procurement life cycle
- Integration and test support for the communications systems including unit-level functional and environmental testing, spacecraft level testing, and in-orbit checkout
- Work with others from engineering and non-engineering disciplines in a fast-paced team environment.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
- Occasional 2nd or 3rd shift work and/or weekend work required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (or related STEM field) with some combination of the following course work: antennas, microwave theory, satellite communications, radio-wave propagation, electromagnetics.
- Understanding of communications and microwave theory.
- U.S. citizen
- Active or current Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI
- Principal Engineer requires 5+ years of related experience. Sr. Principal Engineer requires 9+ years of related experience
- MSEE preferred.
- Hands-on experience with microwave component/system test a strong plus.
- Ability to work with others from engineering and non-engineering disciplines in a fast-paced team environment
- Good oral presentation skills and comfort with customer interaction.
- Ability to write technical documents clearly and concisely.
- Experience with microwave component/system measurement
- Active TS\SCI Security Clearance
Back to top