Principal/Sr. Principal DevOp/Network Engineer - (Space/Satellite Systems) - Top Secret
- Dulles, VA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
The Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector's Integrated Operations team is seeking an experienced DevOps/Systems Engineer to join the Ground System team to work with DOD Customers.
This position is located in Dulles, VA.
Responsibilities may include the following:
• Experience developing and maintaining high availability, virtualized and hybrid cloud infrastructures.
• Experience with data center infrastructure automation and configuration management tools.
• Experience with Infrastructure automation by repackaging platforms, systems, and applications into reusable building blocks through the use of technologies such as virtual machines and containerization.
• Knowledge and/or skills with agile and other development processes and methods.
This position may be filled at level 3 or 4 depending on the experience, qualifications and education of the candidate.
Engineer 3: Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 5+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 3+ years of experience.
Engineer 4: Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 9+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 7+ years of experience.
• Must be a US Citizen with an active or current Top Secret/SSBI and have the ability to obtain SCI level access.
• Experience with Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, and/or RHEL/Centos Linux 6.7+
• Experience with deployment automation/configuration management tools such as (Ansible, Docker Container methods using orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Swarm, or Mesos.)
• Certificate Authority experience
• Active or Current Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
Hands on experience with any of the following tools:
• Confluence and Jira Administration experience
• Nexus Repository
• VMWare Horizon, vSphere, vSAN, and or vCenter experience
• DAP experience with Microsoft Active Directory, OpenLDAP
• Continuous Integration with Jenkins, SonarQube, or Bamboo experience
• SVN and Git experience (Bitbucket preferable)
• PostgreSQL experience
• Nessus vulnerability scanning and configuration experience
• Familiarity / experience with MMSOC and EGS compliant Satellite ground systems and software
• CISSP or Security+ Certification
• Experience with nVidia Grid
• AWS experience (specifically EC2, S3, RDS, Amazon MQ)
• Agile EVMS experience with Jira
• Slack (ChatOps)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top