Principal/Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineer
- Huntsville, AL
Northrop Grumman Defense Combat Systems & Mission Readiness Sector is looking for Principal/Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineers to join our team based out of Huntsville, Alabama. We are leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
The Principal/Sr Principal Cyber Systems should have an understanding of Cybersecurity practices and willing to perform technical planning, system integration, verification & validation, cost & risk, and sustainment of computing systems. The candidate will be expected to apply cybersecurity practices and methodologies to all engineering phases, obtain customer or product requirements, provide secure systems engineering solutions for complex software and hardware systems, and systems of systems.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
• Develop and document technical standard operating processes and procedures as needed.
• Participate in team reviews of technical requirements, design and implementation plans prior to deployment.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance, reliability, and security of the system including installing, upgrading, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration.
• Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan
• Provide analysis, design, development, implementation and security assessments to ensure compliance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-53, CNSSI 1253, and DoD RMF Knowledge Service guidance.
• Serve as a Cyber Security engineer (ISSE) supporting high-level technical and practical expertise
• Apply Cyber Security technologies, including COMSEC, COMPUSEC, EMSEC, and OPSEC, computer systems, digital communications systems, network protocols, computer architectures, and computer security penetration tools and techniques
• Apply analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of Cyber Security implementation
• Support the continuous assessment of IA Control compliance for the program
• Creates milestones, metrics and monitors adherence to software plans and schedules, identifies problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or adapting to changing contractual specifications. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Back to top