Principal/Sr. Principal Cyber Systems Engineer
- Huntsville, AL
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
Cyber Systems Engineers, as part of a multidisciplinary systems engineering effort:
- Define stakeholder security objectives, protection needs and concerns, security requirements, and associated validation methods;
- Define system security requirements and associated verification methods;
- Develop security views and viewpoints of the system architecture and design;
- Identify and assesses vulnerabilities and susceptibility to life cycle disruptions, hazards, and threats;
- Design proactive and reactive security functions encompassed within a balanced strategy to control asset loss and associated loss consequences;
- Provide security considerations to inform systems engineering efforts with the objective to reduce errors, flaws, and weakness that may constitute security vulnerability leading to unacceptable asset loss and consequences;
- Identify, quantify, and evaluate the costs/benefits of security functions and considerations to inform analysis of alternatives, engineering trade-offs, and risk treatment13 decisions;
- Perform system security analyses in support of decision making, risk management, and engineering trades;
- Demonstrate through evidence-based reasoning, that security claims for the system have been satisfied;
- Provide evidence to substantiate claims for the trustworthiness of the system; and
- Leverage multiple security and other specialties to address all feasible solutions so as to deliver a trustworthy secure system
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- This position may be filled at either a Principal Cyber Systems Engineer or Sr. Principal Cyber Systems Engineer level.
- BQs for a Principal Cyber Systems Engineer: requires 5 years experience with Bachelors; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD; 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- BQs for a Sr. Principal Cyber Systems Engineer: Bachelor's degree and 9 years of relevant experience; or 7 Years with Masters; or 4 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active Secret clearance
- Preferred DoD Secret Clearance closed within last 5 year
- CSSLP certifications, e.g., Security+, Network+, Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT), RMF
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top