Principal/Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineer
- Huntsville, AL
Northrop Grumman Space Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility, and reshaping the world we live in. If you're looking for challenging work experiences with a bigger purpose and desire to learn in a collaborative environment, we invite you to look for the next step in your career at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Principal/Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineer for an established program that provides homeland defense capabilities. The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of Cybersecurity practices and willing to perform technical planning, system integration, verification & validation, cost & risk, and sustainment of computing systems. The candidate will be expected to apply cybersecurity practices and methodologies to all engineering phases, obtain customer or product requirements, provide secure systems engineering solutions for complex software and hardware systems, and systems of systems.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
• Have fundamental knowledge of Systems Engineering practices, network technologies, system development life-cycles and methodologies, and insight into information technology infrastructure management/monitoring and applications
• Demonstrate strong verbal/written communication skills, the ability to work well within a team environment, and strong analytical capabilities with the interest in applying troubleshooting skills and techniques to solve problems.
• Participate in team reviews of technical requirements, design and implementation plans prior to deployment.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance, reliability, and security of the system including installing, upgrading, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration
• Apply Cyber Security technologies according to Risk Management Framework (RMF) Controls
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal or a Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineer.
Principal Cyber Systems Engineer:
• 5 years of applicable experience with a Bachelors' degree; 2 years of experience with Masters. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineer:
• 10 years of applicable experience with a Bachelors' degree; 7 years of experience with Masters. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Must possess DoDD 8570 IAM Level II/III certification
• Active DoD SECRET clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
• Prior work experience with Risk Management Framework controls
• Installing and configuring Linux and Windows operating systems and applications
• Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision
• Up to 25% of possible travel CONUS or OCONUS
• Unix, Linux and/or Windows operating systems and applications administration experience
• Experience with Defense Information System Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top