Principal/Sr. Principal Configuration Management / Contract Deliverables Data Management Analyst. 3/4
- Van Nuys, CA
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems (Advanced Weapons) is currently seeking a Principal/Sr. Principal Configuration Management / Contract Deliverables Data Management Analyst to join an extremely talented team in Northridge, CA.
In this role, the selected candidate plans and coordinates preparation of project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications, to ensure customer contract requirements are met. Reviews contract to determine documentation required for each phase of project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes. Analyzes proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system. Coordinates modification records for management control. Establishes change orders and prepares for change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor. Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
Key responsibilities include:
Configuration Management - Primary
• Coordinate and administer configuration management activities related to planning, identification, change management, status accounting, verification and audit.
• Facilitate enterprise item / drawing releases and change requests.
• Facilitate Configuration Control Board reviews.
• Ensure product data structure alignment between PLM and ERP systems.
• Assist in performing configuration status accounting and configuration audits.
• Assist in ensuring conformance to applicable company CM processes (CMMI and AS9100) .
• Assist in ensuring conformance to industry CM standards following the guidance provided in EIA-649 and MIL-HDBK-61A.
• Interface successfully with Program Managers, Contracts, Engineers and Navy counterparts to ensure configuration and data items are managed appropriately and in compliance with contract requirements.
• Decipher and disseminate CM requirements contained within contractual documentation.
• Define product baselines, document processes, and define configuration status accounting (CSA).
Contract Deliverables Data Management - Secondary
• Work and interact with a wide variety of engineering and technical disciplines, which may include interface with Government Customer base as well as Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) authors to ensure accurate CDRL scheduling.
• CDRL Processing to include:
o Create contract
o Distribute new contract schedules to inform Program Managers and CDRL Authors of CDRL delivery requirements for duration of program
o Create and distribute late to Data Management (DM) notifications to CDRL Author, Director of Contracts, and applicable Program Office when due to DM date is missed
o Deliver CDRL to any number of forums, such as SharePoint, classified network, DoD Safe, SIPRNET, and NG Safe
• CDRL Reports to include:
o Create and distribute monthly CDRL reports (30/60/90 day look ahead) for CDRL authors and program office
o Create and distribute weekly reports to obtain CDRL status and track for OTD
o Create and distribute monthly report to convey OTD metrics
This requisition may be filled at as a level 3 or level 4 per the requirements below.
• Level 3 - Bachelor's Degree in Business or Management, & minimum of 6 years' experience; or Master's degree & minimum of 4 years' experience
• Level 4 - Bachelor's Degree in Business or Management, & minimum of 10 years' experience; or Master's degree & minimum of 4 years' experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Data Management and CDRL training or experience on defense programs
• Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government DoD secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by management; US citizenship required
• Knowledge of Data Management and CDRL processing
• Proficiency with product lifecycle management system
• Understanding of Teamcenter Enterprise or Teamcenter Unified Architecture
• DoD Active SECRET clearance
• Specific training in configuration management through certificated program a bonus
• Demonstrated understanding of general configuration management concepts, practices, and processes
• Understanding of Configuration Management standards such as EIA-649 or MIL-HDBK-61A and ability to read and understand program contracts is essential in providing appropriate program support
• Knowledge of AS-9100 and CMMI Level 3 processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top