Principal/Sr. Principal Cloud Software Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector/Integrated Intelligence business unit is seeking a Principal/Sr. Principal Cloud Software Engineer for a program that provides large scale development, testing, and deployment the Intelligence community. The successful candidate will support the full life cycle development of components using COTS, GOTS, and various in-house applications. The individual will work with members of a diverse project team and participate in the overall design and creation of web-based and other software applications and must possess excellent communication skills.
Duties may include:
Design, develop, and deploy applications within the Amazon TC2S and SC2S Cloud
Conduct/participate in multidisciplinary planning, design, and development of complex, software systems, applications and/or databases, including web applications, layout, and user interfaces
Design, develop and modify new applications and implement enhancements to existing applications
Perform corrective, adaptive, and software maintenance on the software baseline
Ensure software compliance standards are met
Develop supporting technical documentation including requirements and design documents and end user operational instructions
Support regular Customer interaction through demos, status meetings, and technical exchanges
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This position may be filled at a level 3 or 4 depending on the experience and skills of the candidate.
Software Engineer 3: Bachelor's degree plus 5+ years of related experience, Master's degree with 3+ years, (4 years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree).
Software Engineer 4: Bachelor's degree plus 9+ years of related experience, Master's degree with 7+ years, (4 years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree).
- Demonstrated experience in software development and/or scripting with Java/Spring
- Demonstrated experience in software development and/or scripting with Hadoop/Map Reduce
- Must have a minimum two years of experience directly working with systems hosted on AWS or Azure Cloud platforms
- Experience designing, defining, and administering multiple environments for new or existing computer systems hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience developing software or scripts using one or more of the following languages or similar programming/scripting languages: Bash, Python
- Experience with configuring, administering, or developing systems on Linux operating systems
- Must possess active or current Top Secret/SCI/Poly clearance
- Possess AWS Associate Level Certification or similar certification
- Demonstrated experience analyzing AWS services and offerings
- Demonstrated understanding of the security of AWS services and offerings
- Demonstrated understanding of HBase/Phoenix
- Demonstrated understanding of CloudFormation scripting
- AWS - EC2, EBS, SQS, EMR, RDS, and S3
- AWS SDK and/or Spring Data/Cloud
- Knowledge of Spring Boot, microservices, and data lakes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top