Principal Windows/Linux Systems Administrator
- Linthicum Heights, MD
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies. Join us on the edge.... the Cutting Edge!
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Linthicum, MD area.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Perform as a Windows\VMware System Administrator for a classified government contract.
• Perform as a Linux\Redhat System Administrator for a classified government contract.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
• Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
• Associate's degree and 7 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience, or Master's degree and 3 years of experience; 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
• Current Security + CE, or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
• Active TS\SCI with CI Poly.
• Ability to maintain an active clearance.
• Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
• US citizenship is required.
• Experience managing Windows Server OS and domain architecture
• Ability to support multiple networks, ensure necessary administration tasks are completed, and direct others as necessary.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in IS related field.
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment.
• Server management experience.
• Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification.
• Windows domain architecture experience.
• Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
• Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
• Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions.
• VMWare experience with current version.
• Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk).
• Rudimentary Scripting experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
• Experience with the creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top