Principal Windows Systems Administrator
- Melbourne, FL
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Windows Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Melbourne, FL area. Roles and responsibilities include:
• Perform as a Computer System Administrator for a classified government contract
• Manage, maintain and monitor Windows Servers, Linux Red Hat servers and Windows desktop PCs in a networked domain based environment.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Works under minimal direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Able to support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
• Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
• Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security..
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience or 9 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
• Experience managing Windows Server OS versions AND Windows Desktop OS versions in a domain architecture.
• Experience installing, configuring and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment.
• Current Security + CE or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
• Active DoD Secret clearance with ability to maintain.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
• US citizenship is required in order to obtain and maintain security clearance.
• Masters degree in IS related field.
• Experience managing and maintaing Linux RHEL OS in a networked domain environment.
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG.
• VMWare experience with current versions of Virtual Center, ESXi and/or VMWare Horizon View.
• Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification.
• Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
• Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
• Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk).
• Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
• Rudimentary Scripting.
• Active TS/SCI Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top