Principal VMWare Administrator
- Melbourne, FL
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified VMWare Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Melbourne, FL area.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Perform as primary VMWare administrator for a classified government contract, supporting multiple VSphere and Horizon view infrastructures.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user virtual environments, including coordination with network, software and system engineers, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management. Direct others as necessary to integrate effectively with the infrastructure.
- Completes administration tasks as required to include patching, updates, security hardening and remediation and management of VSphere/ESXi platform and associated toolsets.
- Assist in the design, architecture and implementation of virtual infrastructures and associated software packages and toolsets to maintain smooth functionality of the environment and improve service levels.
- Install and configure monitoring solution and logging as required
- Manage virtual network switch infrastructure and file system/storage allocation and space
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including monitoring, proactive problem identification, and configuration management.
- Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automation.
- Provide backup and recovery services;
- Create and maintain administrative accounts and security access lists as required.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Works under minimal direction and independently determines and develops proactive approach to solutions.
- Participates in inspection activities and security events as required.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Previous experience building and administering VMWare vSphere v6.0 or higher in a datacenter/enterprise environment
- Previous experience with VMWare Horizon View and VDI infrastructures
- Strong knowledge of virtual switch architecture and storage allocation in virtual environments
- Current Security + CE or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Active Secret DoD Security Clearance with ability to be cleared to special access programs
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- VMWare certification in vSphere v6.0 or higher
- Master's Degree in IT related discipline
- Experience or strong familiarity with VMWare Identity Manager (now Workspace One Access)
- Previous experience managing Windows Server 2012 and higher or Linux Red Hat v6 and higher OS versions in a Windows domain environment
- Experience with Windows domain architectures include but not limited to Active Directory, GPOs, Policies, and permissions.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
- Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification
- Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification
- Familiarity with VMWare NSX basic architecture
- Strong familiarity with SAN storage systems including NetApp and/or EMC products
- Scripting using PowerShell or PowerCLI command line tools
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco)
- Currently Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
Back to top