Principal Virtual Simulation Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Virtual Simulation Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne FL.
- The qualified candidate will develop real-time simulation software for virtual simulation (pilot in the loop) testing so that future tactical aircraft can be evaluated in next generation air warfare mission environments.
- The developer will develop new and/or integrate existing system simulation frameworks, weapon systems components to include air vehicle platform, kinematics, sensors, communications, command & control, weapons, and threat performance models and algorithms.
- The developer will simulate real-time operations and develop software that simulates behavior of systems.
- The developer will also integrate and use advanced graphical user interfaces and visualization tools.
- The developer will model operational environments, perform trade studies via computer simulation and recommend alternative architectures.
- The developer will also perform operational analysis and mission effectiveness analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline
- Experience: 5+ Years with Bachelors in STEM OR3+ Years with Masters in STEM OR0 Years with PhD in STEM.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer/engineering modeling using Java, C#/C++ or other object oriented computer language.
- At minimum an Interim Top Secret clearance.
- The ability to obtain and maintain specific program access.
- An understanding of tactical aircraft aero-performance, sensors, weapons, and communication
- An understanding of Integrated Air Defense Systems and capabilities.
- Proven ability to work with a team in a rapid prototyping environment.
- Competent writing and communications skills.
- Experience with performing weapon system level design, integration, or test & evaluation
- The ability to translate Physics/Mathematics models into real-time simulation algorithms and models.
- Experience with real time simulation/software development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top