Principal Technical Editor and Writer
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a motivated professional to serve as Technical Writer / Editor 3. This position is located in Palmdale, CA. The successful candidate will provide technical writing/editing for technical data, ensuring file configuration control, compliance with the RFP and clean final products.
Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
- 6 years with a B.S. or B.A. degree (Technical or Professional Writing, English, or Communications), 4 years with a Masters. 10 years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in technical editing and writing and have strong writing and editing skills, including ability to manipulate usage and grammar.
- Ability to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints, relay and receive information and collaborate in a team environment.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of file configuration management, strong writing and editing skills, including ability to manipulate usage and grammar.
- Must have demonstrated ability to query authors for clarity and compliance purposes and must be skilled in Microsoft Word, MS excel, and PowerPoint (for the purpose of editing electronically).
- Mustmeet medical requirements for worldwide travel. Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements such as chemical warfare training and immunizations that may include anthrax and smallpox.
- Candidate must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance and be able to maintain that clearance and has the ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Proficient in the interpretation of engineering data such as parts list, application list, notes list and print reading.
- Experienced with configuration management.
- Experienced in creating multi-configuration, multi-effectivity indentured parts lists from engineering and LSA data.
- Ability to identify and possibly work around limited engineering and LSA data.
- Experienced with Isometric IPB graphics and layout.
- Experienced with creating and revising IPB's using MIL-DTL-38807 or MIL-PRF-38807.
Back to top