Principal Tech Editor and Writer
- Annapolis Junction, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Are you making an impact? Are you supporting a mission that saves lives? Protects our most prized assets responsible for our National Security? That protects our FREEDOM? We at Northrop Grumman are building on our long standing heritage in the area of foundational intelligence across the entire enterprise. We work side by side with our customers solving highly complex problems that you'll not find anywhere else in the world. We make investments in cutting edge technologies and are industry leaders in world class research and development as we partner with the government to build next generation capabilities that shape the future of TechSIGINT Revitalization. Will you join us as we relentlessly pursue impacting the greatest mission on earth: Protecting our FREEDOM!
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Technical Writer. This position is located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities: Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project's hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
• Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
• Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
• Gather technical information, prepares written text
• Maintain a current internal documentation library
• Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
• Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
• Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
• Work on all phases of documentation
• Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
• Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
• Coordinate layout and design of documents
• Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
• Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
• Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
• Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
• Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
• Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
• Apply technical manual standard NSA DS-89 to work products
Education and Experience Requirements: Six (6) years' experience as a Tech Writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional Tech Writer experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Security Requirements: Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph clearance required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top