Principal Tech Editor and Writer
- Melbourne, FL
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience with Bachelors Degree; or 4 years experience with Masters Degree. In lieu of formal degree, High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and 10 years of relevant experience in a related field.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices. Independently demonstrates the skill and ability to perform fairly complex professional tasks.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings, specifications, and system description documents.
- Be able to write in XML
- Work well in a team environment
- Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance with ability to maintain.
- Ability to obtain a special program access within 365 days.
- Experience with Eagle/EPS publishing System
- Experience in utilizing the utilizing the USAF Flight Manual or Maintenance Manual change process
- Experience writing in XML/S1000D International Specification for Technical Publications/IETM/Data Module writing (Arbortext, EAGLE, XMetal, or similar program)
- 6-12 years' experience as an air vehicle operator or maintainer
- Previous Quality Assurance experience
Back to top