Principal Talent Acquisition Business Partner
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a PrincipalTalent Acquisition Business Partner to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to:
Provide full-life cycle engineering and/or non-engineering recruiting, to include: sourcing, screening, qualifying, interviewing, and managing candidate relationships while advising hiring managers through the assessment and selection process. A successful candidate must be able to effectively manage competing priorities, remain highly flexible in an ever-changing environment while consistently anticipating and delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions to our customers. A successful candidate must also demonstrate solid judgment, the ability to quickly learn systems, processes, procedures and the business. The ability to source and recruit qualified talent while maintaining excellent customer service with hiring managers, candidates and other stakeholders is required.
Strategic Talent Acquisition:
- Demonstrated ability to apply a business mindset to the talent acquisition function
- Makes connections between all talent management phases (acquisition, development, retention, culture)
- Leverages data and market intelligence to develop and execute staffing strategies
- Successfully blends diversity, regulatory requirements and business strategy throughout the process
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the external recruiting landscape within their function
- Ability to successfully source and attract passive external talent
- Strong understanding of Boolean search methodology and execution
- Leveraging sourcing data in weekly conversations with hiring managers and TA leadership
- Attain a high level understanding of our business, program, technological and cultural challenges
- Demonstrates uncompromising ethical standards, integrity and respect for people
- Maintains composure under stress and understands how externalized emotions impact others
- Demonstrates self-awareness of strengths and opportunities; acts with humility by asking for feedback
- Serves as a steward of the company; placing the needs of the company/ department before personal goals
- Influences hiring managers, executives, candidates and peers by developing trusting relationships
- Advises hiring managers on effective interviewing techniques
- Effectively leverages compensation, employee relations and business partners when advising the business
- Routinely leverages metrics to advise managers, improve processes and/ or self-assess performance
- Operates with a high sense of urgency (action-oriented)
- Constructively pushes back and/or conducts crucial conversations with hiring managers as needed
- Proactively collaborates with recruiting assistants to ensure a smooth process
- Proactively serves as a change agent (first to adopt and promote new ways to delivering value)
- Consistently promotes and adheres to compliance, diversity and talent acquisition processes
- Routinely identifies innovative solutions to program, policy and process challenges
- Self-governs staffing data (always ensures integrity of values captured)
Assessment and Selection:
- Accurately assesses candidates (via in-person or phone) for cultural, competency and skill fit
- Quickly synthesizes candidate and hiring manager feedback
- Routinely pre-closes candidates (early in the process) to ensure high acceptance rates- Effectively partners with sourcing team to ensure pipeline targets meet business objectives
Bachelors' Degree and a minimum of 6 years of directly related work experience; or an additional 4 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of the degree
- Minimum of 6 years full-life cycle recruiting that includes sourcing, screening, assessment & selection, and closing.
- Demonstrated experience directly sourcing external passive talent
- Comprehensive understanding of OFCCP compliance
Previous experience in both agency and corporate recruiting
- Strong domain knowledge and expertise in sourcing methodologies, assessment & selection of talent, and closing strategies
- Demonstrated personal accountability and integrity.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top