Principal Systems Integration and Test Engineer
- Baltimore, MD
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible. The Engineering and Sciences organization (E&S) pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking mid-level Systems Integration & Test (SI&T) engineers to support test and verification activities programs within the Ground Based Radars and Airborne ISR&T divisions in Baltimore, Maryland.
What you'll get to do: As the lead developer of radars, COMMS, and SIGINT for some of the most advanced systems in the U.S. arsenal, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a world leader in advanced sensor systems and design. These include radars for the F-22, Joint Strike Fighter, F-16, B-1B, AWACS, MESA, G/ATOR and UAV systems such as Global Hawk. Qualified SITE engineers will perform hands-on integration and testing of sophisticated RF sensor systems, including both hardware and software components in development and production environments; Synthesizes internal and external customer needs and requirements into system tests that acknowledge technical and schedule constraints; Participates in the development and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures, and schedules for verifying system requirements; participates in I&T readiness reviews, design reviews and conducts audits of I&T program facilities; Coordinates integrated testing activities that may include environmental, reliability and the occasional flight test; Reviews and evaluates test requirements to ensure completeness of test program; Performs analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive reports; Uses modeling and simulation tools to expedite testing of individual units before all system components are available and for troubleshooting and repair of failed units.
Roles & Responsibilities: SITE Engineers must have an understanding of: Testing/troubleshooting RF systems
- Technical ability in a lab based integration and test environment
- A working knowledge of RF based test equipment
- Collaboration between software and hardware subject matter experts to ensure testing is producing expected data points.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of system integration plans and system test plans.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline with 5 years of related systems engineering experience. 3 years with a Master's degree, 0 years with PhD.
- Understanding of Modeling and Simulation
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external team members
- Ability to collaborative effectively in a team working environment
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher
- Experience in the development of ground, air, or sea-based radar systems
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Component level design collaboration experience to meet assembly-level requirements
- AESA/ phased array, Radar, SIGINT or SATCOM experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top