Principal Systems Engineering (T3) - Survivability RCS Integration & Manufacturing
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work with revolutionary air and space systems that impact lives around the world today. Our employees' work will make a difference for generations to come! Our work preserves freedom and democracy; it advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and bringing one's whole self to work. We are looking for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join us in doing what others think is impossible and having fun along the way.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is seeking a Survivability Principal Systems Engineer for the Manned COE West A group. This position will be located in Palmdale, California. Survivability manufacturing efforts include: the development, usage, and maintenance of the methodology and procedures to verify aircraft, component RF signature, or electrical material properties. This includes the integration of various designs, seam types, and suites of materials and testing of technology applications of new and existing aircraft. Additional roles support the detail design, production and supportability characteristics of the aircraft. While also providing detailed knowledge of Structural design, Subsystem design, Production constrains and capabilities as well as specific problems and experiences.
A Survivability Principal SystemsEngineer provides complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field with general knowledge of other related disciplines. An ideal candidate is able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex and difficult survivability problems. A successful candidate can draw upon relevant and applicable domain knowledge to independently develop solutions. He/she will work under the general direction of a project leader as part of an integrated product team (IPT) independently determining and developing approaches to solutions with work being reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. The engineer contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects, failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- An ABET-accredited bachelor's degree in one of the degrees listed above: aerospace, mechanical, electrical, materials science or chemical engineering; physics; chemistry; computer science; applied mathematics and minimum of 5 years working in a relevant or related discipline, OR3 years with a master's degree Or a PHD
- Active DoD SECRET clearance, within 4 years of last investigation
- The ability to obtain and maintainspecial access program clearance
- Previous experience in survivability manufacturing, design and analysis, verification and validation, system integration, or survivability materials development and qualification
- Previous experience mentoring engineers in the design, development, verification or validation of RCS materials, components and/or systems
- Candidates with experience in signature integration, RF survivability design, analysis, and testing are highly desired.
- Computer-aided drafting (CAD) skills with, such as Catia or NX
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working in the SAP/SAR environment
- Existing SAP/SAR program access
- Existing program access to one or more of the Applied Research and Advanced Design program areas
- Active DoD TOP SECRET clearance, within 4 years of last investigation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top