Principal Systems Engineer - Verification
- Huntsville, AL
Are you ready to join Northrop Grumman Space Launching & Missile Defense Sector? If so, join us as a GMD Principal Verification & Requirements Systems Engineer to become part of the Northrop Grumman's Space Systems team on the Ground Based Mid-Course Defense (GMD) Development and Sustainment Contract (DSC) in support of the Missile Defense Agency in Huntsville, Alabama.
The GMD element is a critical part of our nation's layered Ballistic Missile Defense System providing the U.S. with the capability to engage and intercept long range ballistic missiles during midcourse flight. This position reports to the NG Systems Engineering Manager for the Ground Based Mid-Course Defense (GMD) SEIT Integrated Product Team.
Your responsibilities Include:
• Developing, documenting, Verification plans, Verification Summary Sheets (VSS), Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM), Verification Event Matrix (VEM), Requirements Success Criteria for GMD missile systems and subsystems
• Developing, documenting, verifying and validating GMD missile systems and subsystem requirements to develop, upgrade and sustain the GMD system
• Working as part of the integrated systems engineering team
• Performing system analysis, requirements analysis, and functional analysis and allocation, and interface definition related to the system design
• Defining, documenting and analyzing proposed missile system configurations, specifying test and operational systems component viability
• Maintaining and assessing the current fielded configurations against proposed changes
• Ensuring the logical and systematic impacts of changes against the total system solution
• Performing the internet protocol address planning, creating/updating program documentation as required
• Applying systems understanding in support of program reviews (SRR, PDR, CDRs)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a STEM discipline with 5 years of related experience or 3 years with a Master's Degree
- An ability to obtain a US Department of Defense (DOD) Secret security clearance
- Previous Requirements & Verification experience as a Systems Engineer
• 7 or more years of missile systems or space launch systems engineering experience
• Active Secret Clearance
• Strong DOORS experience
• Familiarity with Agile processes and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• SIPRNet experience
• Previous experience developing Verification plans and artifacts to support system verification.
• GMD or other missile defense experience
• Previous experience working with a Missile Defense Agency (MDA) customer
• Experience in systems engineering, requirements, and product development processes and application to complex weapon or space systems
• Experience in complex weapon or space systems requirements/verification development and maintenance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top