Principal Systems Engineer - Survivability
- Palmdale, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautic Systems has an opening for a Principal Systems Engineer - Survivability to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
- Perform aircraft survivability analysis, operational employment analysis and Low Observable diagnostic testing/troubleshooting using support equipment and software tools to isolate anomalies and verify repairs.
- Provide threat system analysis, aircraft operations analysis, Low Observable system performance to include fleet signature health using diagnostic test equipment and analytical tools.
- Perform analysis on Low Observable data to identify component and system performance trends, identify component defects and identify potential areas of fleet-wide concern.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for Low Observable related studies, analysis, modeling and simulations.
- Participate in various process teams and ad hoc groups to develop Low Observable related system requirements, as well as operational employment plans and concepts.
- This position will be for the Palmdale CA area and will be aimed at providing support for the weekend shifts.
- Bachelors of Science in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited University and 5 Years of engineering experience; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Active, DOD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain SAP Access.
- Familiarity with Low Observable/Survivability concepts
- Familiarity with the MRB process
- Familiarity engineering design packages
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOD Top Secret clearance
- Significant knowledge of the Low Observable discipline and proficiency in CEM/RCS Codes
- Experience writing test plans & running RCS testing with no Supervision
- Knowledge of all Tier inspection levels, capability of supervising these tests and capable of providing an analysis report.
- Sufficient experience working in MFG environments to provide direction for disposition of discrepancies to LO requirements.
- Experience presenting to prime contractors, customer and senior leadership.
- Experience working on high rate production lines of complex machines
- Demonstrated Capability to build engineering judgments quickly and with little immediate oversight
Back to top