Principal Systems Engineer - Operations Analysis
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is one of the industry leaders in Stealth Technology. As such, we are involved in all phases of development, production, and maintenance of Low Observable (LO) platforms. We are currently looking for experienced Low Observable / Survivability engineers to work on a variety of challenging projects. One area where we are in need of talent is off site Operational Analysis (OA).
- Activities include supporting military threat modeling and performance assessments and system survivability analyses.
- Candidate will communicate across the engineering disciplines and technology areas to integrate capabilities, and communicate technical abilities and analysis with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Candidate should expect a significant amount of travel in this position
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 5+ years of engineering experience OR Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3+ years of engineering experience OR PhD Degree in a STEM discipline
- Must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years
- Experience in test set-up and data analysis
- Knowledge of threat systems including radar, IR/EO/Acoustic, EA/EW systems and countermeasures, and low observables
- Knowledge of survivability techniques, special technologies, and applications to platforms with the ability to identify and quantify effects of technologies to vehicles
- Knowledge of flight test; including test plans, analysis plans, test execution, and data analysis.
- Technical depth in one or more of the following areas is required: EW/EA systems modeling/analysis, radar sensor (to include early warning/surveillance, surface to air/air to air), signature management, threat system analysis, survivability analysis, advanced sensors, and active and passive countermeasures
Back to top