Principal Systems Engineer - Modeling & Simulation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aPrincipal Systems Engineer Systems - Modeling& Simulation to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
- Support system analysis and operations analysis activities to include military requirements analysis, threat system analysis, system survivability analysis, mission performance/effectiveness analysis, force level effectiveness analysis, and military utility.
- Adapt existing models, methods, and analysis capabilities to conduct studies to support the design, development, and assessment of advanced system design concepts and technologies.
- Bachelor's Degreein STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) and at least 5 years of engineering experience or a Master's Degree in STEM and atleast 3 years of engineering experience
- Current Top Secret clearance is required
- Degree Engineering Discipline, Physics, Operations Research, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Proficiency in C#, C/C++, MATLAB, or FORTRAN
- Physics background to develop physics and/or Mathematical models and algorithms
- Electronic Warfare effects experience preferred
- RADAR modeling principles preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top