Principal Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Sector is seeking a Principal Systems Engineerin Melbourne, Florida.
The Principal Systems Engineer will support the Strike Division in the Vehicle Management Systems (VMS) area. Specifically, the engineer will perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of the total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
The successful candidate must possess a basic understanding of model based requirements and design and be able to create subsystem and software requirements. The candidate will become familiar with governing standards such as include MIL-STD-882E and will prepare detailed requirements specifications, design documents and procedures, certification plans and procedures, performance reports, etc., related to these governing standards. The candidate will be expected to learn system, subsystem, and software requirements, participate in requirements and design reviews, and provide technical guidance to the cross-functional team.
- Requirements writing and definition
- Providing design guidance as prescribed by MIL-STD-882E
- Generating and providing software design artifacts
- Generating and providing Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams
- Generating and providing Interface Control Documents (ICDs) l
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years with Systems/Software Requirements Engineering experience ORMaster's Degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited university and 3+ years of Systems/Software Requirements Engineering experience
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher (investigation updated within last 5 years) and the ability to maintain it throughout employment
- Ability to obtain Special Program Access. Special program access must be achieved prior to a start date being established.
- Knowledge of the Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- An understanding of low level software requirements
- Current AP-12 access
- Skilled in building and leading an effective and collaborative team
- Experience with the Core Systems Engineering software tool
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top