Principal Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Principal Systems Engineer works with the system architect to translate system architectures into requirements and works on product teams in implementing those requirements.
The Principal Systems Engineer performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal and the Principal Systems Engineer ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. The Principal Systems Engineer performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 5 or more years of experience with Bachelor's, 3 years with Masters, 0 with PhD
- Experience working on a team of systems engineers
- Experience in secure processing, integration and test
- Strong systems thinking mindset
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external stakeholder
- Willingness and ability to obtain and maintain a minimum of an Interim Secret Clearance or higher
- Masters' Degree in a STEM discipline
- Multiple domain experience across the electromagnetic spectrum (e.g., radar and electronic warfare)
- Demonstrated knowledge of earned value management
- Work experience and/or exposure to manufacturing
- Work experience and/or exposure to Supply Chain Management (Subcontractors)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top