Principal Systems Engineer
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Mid-Level Systems Engineer. This position will be with our Technology Services sector located in Southern California. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
The successful applicant will:
- Create and maintain SysML and UPDM models in Cameo EA; interface with subject matter experts, analysts, architects, designers, system engineers and specialty engineers to capture Launch Systems GBSD structure and behavior using accurate UPDM/SysML representations according to OMG standards.
- Apply the principles of engineering to design components and systems using applicable standards and specifications
- Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for mechanical, electrical and integrated systems
- Perform requirements analysis, develop source data for requirements, generate test requirements and prepare test reports
- Verify specifications and designs through modeling and simulation, test data processing, and performance analysis
- Support all phases of the systems lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
- Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
- Develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for the systems engineering function
- Interface with AF customer
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal or Sr. Principal level
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- Minimum 5 years of related experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with PhD (Sr. Principal requires 9 years with a BS, 7 with a MS, or 4 with a PhD)
- Must have demonstrated hands-on experience with SysML and UPDM/DODAFM
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- 5 years of experience with ICBM Weapon System
- Experience with any of the following tools and languages: CORE, DOORS, Rhapsody, Cameo, ModelCenter, MagicDraw, Easy Power, Prima Vera, UML, SysML
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Systems Engineering and any of the following areas:
- Requirements Management: MBSE, Functional Block Diagrams, Specification Trees Systems and end item requirements validation and verification
- Design: Systems Design, Systems Architecture, Systems Integration, N2 Analysis, Trade Studies General knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines: Safety, Nuclear Hardness, Nuclear Surety, Material Science, Environmental, Parts and Logistics, etc Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis
- Project Management Decision Making: Risk Management, Cost-Risk-Benefit Analysis
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top