Principal Systems Engineer
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer. This position will be with our Technology Services sector located at Hill AFB and supporting our design, development, production and deployment for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Systems and associated infrastructure. The successful candidate will lead and execute the risk, issue, and opportunity management program for a multi-billion dollar ICBM system, including:
- Apply the principles of risk based systems engineering to technology maturation, design and development using DoD and Air Force standards and requirements
- Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses from a risk and opportunity view
- Plan, develop and execute risk management reviews, risk boards and risk assessment detailed reviews
- Integrate multiple IPT risk review activities into program level efforts
- Maintain risk, issue and opportunity documentation and provide status reports consistent with contract requirements
- Provide risk, issue and opportunity management expertise to capture and proposal activities
- Collaborate and engage with all IPT senior manager and executive program leadership
- Interface with AF customer in a shared risk environment
- Travel required up to 50%
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mathematics or other related technical field
- 10 years of direct ICBM experience
- US Citizen able to obtain a Secret clearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proven experience with customer relationship management
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience in risk management and/or weapon system assessment on Air Force ACAT 1 programs
- Experience in proposal development, business development, or capture management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top