Principal Systems Engineer
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is currently seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to join our growing team of diverse professionals in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The selected candidate will join our Aircraft Sustainment and Modernization Center (ASMC) Engineering Services team, which supports the B-2, Global Hawk, F-18, and other Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems programs.
- The successful candidate will have engineering experience performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Candidates must possess engineering experience with electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, machined parts, fabricated assemblies, composites, transparencies and an additional broad range of aerospace commodities.
- Candidates will be working side-by-side with Northrop Grumman Responsible Engineers and our supplier base to resolve technical issues impacting material procurement/manufacture.
- Candidate will perform the duties of reviewing and comprehending internal/external material and process specifications and will participate in internal process improvement initiatives associated with these documents. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Must provide surveillance for materials as required and work closely with NGTS/AS quality organization to ensure compliance with requirements is achieved and communicate support impacts and resulting shortfalls on the supply chain.
- Duties also include reviewing and coordinating Requests for Change or Information (RC/Is) initiated under B-2 Supply Chain Management for submission into the Engineering RCI database as well as tracking to successful closure and provide weekly status to IPT.
- Possess computer and data base skills consistent with Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of modeling software.
- Travel will be required (up to 25%) to attend program readiness and supplier meetings.
- Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years' engineering experience
- Master's degree in an engineering discipline with a minimum of 3 years' engineering experience
- PhD in an Engineering discipline
- Must be able to work on-site in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Must have or be able to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time
- Possess knowledge of metallic/composite materials manufacturing processes and an additional broad range of aerospace commodities
- Experience in support of standardized laboratory material property testing
- Current/previous B-2 Security Clearance
- Demonstrate understanding and be able to apply the technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques related to Logistics disciplines to include Product Support and Technical Documentation use and development
- Understanding of government aircraft maintenance and supply processes/systems
- Familiarity with ISO 9001, AS 9100, AS9102 Industry/Aerospace Standards is a plus
- Demonstrate technical knowledge/understanding to use/interpret engineering and source technical data to develop maintenance support requirements and supply/spare support requirements
- Active Secret Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top