Principal Systems Engineer
- Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Principal Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
- Performs technical, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Performs analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of systems engineering experience OR Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of systems engineering experience
- Must have an Active In-scope DoD Secret Security Clearance that has been granted / renewed within the past 5 years
- The Ability to obtain additional Special Access Program (SAP) clearance before establishing a start date (contingency)
- Experience coordinating system baseline definition and maintaining a technical system baseline
- Experience performing requirements traceability, allocation and verification
- Experience with functional architectures, system analysis', configuration management
- Experience with system interfaces, trade studies, risks and Technical Performance Measures
Back to top