Principal Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air, land, sea and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- As a core member of the Systems Engineering Integration and Test team, support the SEIT lead and embedded product Systems Engineering leads in the creation and maintenance of the program requirements database and interface requirements / definition documentation.
- Support development of the requirements baseline with stakeholders in the creation and adjudication of requirements / interface changes for current and future implementations of the system.
- Work in a collaborative DOORS requirements environment where members of the Systems and Design teams actively work within DOORS for maintenance of requirements information from derivation through verification planning and sell-off documentation.
- Participate in the requirements Change Control Board (CCB) process.
- Requirements analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Support development of customer and product requirements into total systems solutions that adhere to technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM Discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) with 5 years of experience (3 years experiencewith a Masters Degree, 0 yearsexperience with a PhD
- Experience with systems analysis using data modeling and Matlab
- Experience in supporting preliminary algorithm efforts
- Active Top Secret security clearance with SAP eligibility
- 3+ years of experience in an RF design program
- Experience documenting and communicating processes and procedures
- Exposure to descriptive modeling using UML/SysML in IBM Rhapsody (or equivalent)
- Experience / exposure working with Product Line Architectures / requirements where requirements are shared by multiple owning programs / assemblies
- Significant prior experience with data analysis
- Experience working the integration and / or test phases of a program
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top