Principal Systems Architecture Engineer - Instrumentation
- Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principle Systems Architecture Engineer to join our organization of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
This role for a Principle Systems Architecture Engineer supports development of the Flight Test Instrumentation sensor and data acquisition architecture. The selected candidate should have experience developing system architectures, defining key capabilities, and establishing performance requirements. The candidate should have a working knowledge of Instrumentation equipment and experience with mechanical, electrical, and radio frequency (RF) engineering principles. Knowledge of basic Systems Engineering principles, requirements management, and test design philosophy is a plus. Candidate must have a willingness to embrace change and work in a dynamic environment. Rotation opportunities within Systems Test are available. 25% travel to support program activities and integration will be required.
- Supports Instrumentation Architect in ensuring system performance and compatibility among all components to meet measurement, environmental, and bandwidth requirements.
- Responsible for sensors, data acquisition units, network equipment, radio frequency components, and data recorder selections within design and technology maturity constraints of the system and in accordance with customer specifications.
- Develops thorough definition of system external interfaces, system implementation approach, and concept of operations during System Test activities.
- Participates in on-site support at product manufacturing and integration sites and ensures requirements are met; evaluates performance with customer.
- Collaborates within an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment, interfacing with IPT leadership, suppliers, customers, and other technical disciplines.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 5 years of aerospace and/or defense industry experience OR Master's Degree from an accredited university and 3 years of aerospace and/or defense industry experience
- Experience working with instrumentation or within a System Test organization
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret level security clearance with a background investigation within the last 6 years
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access prior to commencement of employment.
- Special program access
- Previous experience supporting Flight Test Instrumentation
- Previous experience managing system requirements for technically-driven engineering projects
- Master's Degree from an ABET accredited university
- Demonstrated excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels across IPTs
Back to top