Principal System Modeling Simulation Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aPrincipalSystems Modeling Simulation Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
This modeling engineer position will support an attitude control subsystem team. This position will develops new and/or integrates existing system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms. This position develops, integrates and uses advanced graphical user interfaces and visualization tools;this positionmodels operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures. This positionrequires ananalyst familiar with C++, C and Matlab/Simulink. The analyst will be required to translate controls algorithms from Matlab to C and vice-versa. Acurrent SCIis required for this position.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in engineering, physics or computer science from an accredited university with 5 years of aerospace experience; OR Master's Degree in engineering, physics or computer science from an accredited university with 3 years of aerospace experience?
- 2 years of Programming experience in C or C++
- Direct experience in programmingin Matlab/Simulink
- Must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Physics or Computer Science
- Prior Attitude Control Systems knowledge
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top