Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist (Security Clearance Required)
- Redondo Beach, CA
Global Supply Chain
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has a Principal Supply Chain Subcontracts Specialist position open supporting our Space Park location in Redondo Beach, CA.
The position sources and procures specialized goods and services. The prospective candidate's responsibilities include the following:
- Accountable for subcontract management of suppliers, from pre-award through execution, delivery and closeout.
- Manage and develop strategic/key suppliers.
- Manage performance of subcontracts and ensure compliance with all public law requirements as well as company and business policies and procedures.
- Employ sound business practices and assess supplier performance as part of subcontract management.
- Utilize process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
- Develop subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment and/or services.
- Prepare bid packages, conduct bidders conferences, analyze and evaluate proposals, subcontractors, writing awards, and managing resulting subcontracts.
- Negotiate and coordinate additions, deletions, and modifications to subcontracts. Identify strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted management strategies. Review and approve supplier payment as needed. Travel to supplier as required.
- Participate with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures. In conjunction with the quality organization and the parts, materials and processes organization, evaluate and monitor supplier quality, reliability and material.
Back to top