Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
- Dulles, VA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a supply chain subcontract specialist. This position is located in Dulles, VA or Gilbert, AZ.
Procures and manages medium to high value and risk subcontracts, including long term agreements. Prepare bids, evaluate bids, select suppliers and negotiate price, terms and conditions, delivery, quality and service. Manage supplier performance from issuance of order through close-out. Interface with Supply Chain Management, Program Planners, Quality, Receiving and Program Management and Supplier's Management team. May mentor junior staff members. Signature authority commensurate with level of experience and responsibility as defined in the Group's Authorized Signature List and would require delegation of authority for any order greater than signature authority, when required.
- Review Purchase Requisitions for completeness and obtain additional information considered necessary.
- Prepare Request for Quotation (RFQ)/Request for Proposal (RFP) and identify sources eligible to receive RFQ/RFP for complex and/or non-routine procurement requirements.
- Evaluate suppliers' quotes/proposals for compliance with RFQ/RFP and fact find suppliers' proposals.
- Participate and/or co-lead in the source selection team for competitive procurements.
- Perform a cost and/or price analysis to determine price reasonableness.
- Negotiate with suppliers on price, schedule, and terms and conditions, and any other contractual requirements. May lead negotiations with supplier.
- Make subcontract awards to suppliers and document the subcontract folders in accordance with the local procurement policies and procedures, including long term agreements.
- Manage supplier performance during subcontract execution, including, but not limited to, managing supplier delivery schedule, processing invoices for payment, managing Subcontract submittals (e.g. SDRL), and/or resolve any contractual issues.
- Perform subcontract close-outs in accordance with the local procurement policies and procedures.
- Mentor other subcontract professionals, as appropriate.
- 6 Years experience with Bachelors; 4 Years with Masters. 4 additional years of related experience can be substituted for the bachelors degree
- Proficient in the government acquisition process with a strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency supplements, such as Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS), NASA (NFS).
- Experience with handling multiple high-visibility and critical tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with supplier negotiations.
- Experience with Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR).
- Experience with price and/or cost analysis.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- US citizenship required
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint.
- Self-Starter with problem solving skills.
- Ability to mentor other subcontract professionals of varying levels of experience.
Back to top