Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
- Lake Charles, LA
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people who exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense System is seeking a Principal Subcontracts Administrator
The individual will be responsible for executing major procurement activities and providing contractual support and documentation to suppliers in support of proposals and programs.
Specific responsibilities include interfacing and corresponding with suppliers, develop sourcing/evaluation strategies; supplier identification; source selection; coordinate export control/security requirements; prepare/issue RFPs and RFQ with appropriate customer flow downs and terms & conditions; conducts bidders' conferences; proposal evaluation; conduct negotiations to meet contract/program targets/schedule, terms & conditions/payment terms for materials & services; administering resultant subcontracts; ensure compliance with FAR/DFARS regulations and Purchasing policies & procedures; validate pricing; and maintain proper PO files with correct documentation.
Additionally, the Subcontract Administrator is responsible for management of subcontract modifications, which includes coordination of required additions, deletions, or other modifications or formal documented communication to subcontractors, arranging and participating in supplier meetings and controlling and reporting supplier progress.
Roles and responsibilities of the Subcontract Administrator will include:
- Evaluation of customer RFP's and ability to work with the program team to develop subcontract RFP's that include Statements of Work, Technical/Quality Specifications, Deliverable Requirements List and Schedules, Performance Assessment Requirements, Terms and Conditions, Proposal Preparation and Pricing Requirements/Templates, Compliance Matrices and supplier profiles
- Preparation of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, and Memorandums of Agreement, preparation and management of internal Step reviews of new opportunities and formal customer proposal preparation
- Ability to analyze and evaluate subcontractor proposals, negotiate deviations from work statements, schedule, and/or terms and conditions, while working closely with the Program Management team
- Provides subcontractor pricing, deviations from scope and/or terms and conditions, comprehensive cost analysis and justifications, and technical data assertions to the Contracts group during the proposal preparation phase
- Successful candidate will select or recommend subcontractors, write formal awards, processes internal justifications, and document files in preparation for internal and external audits
- Ability to administer resulting subcontracts, ensuring that all requirements are performed in accordance with the scope of work and delivery schedules
- Bachelors' degree and a minimum 6 years of supply chain, contracts, business management and/or related field OR Master's degree and a minimum of 4 years of supply chain, contracts, business management and/or related field. 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Working knowledge of FAR and/or DFAR
- Demonstrated ability to communicate within various levels of the organization
- SAP experience, MS Office and MS Excel
- Government and/or industry experience
- Cost analysis experience
Back to top