Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
The position will be based in Herndon, VA with occasional travel as required to meet Business Unit needs.
Join a diverse workforce engaged in supporting large and challenging national defense programs that secure our nation and its allies. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to act as an advisor and subject matter expert for subcontracting actions on a wide range of fairly complex contractual and business issues to include management of all subcontract types.
The successful candidate will possess a solid understanding of government contracting regulations and be prepared to perform with moderate supervision as part of a subcontracts team on large domestic and international proposal efforts that may require developing solutions to fairly complex problems.
Responsibilities will encompass the full range of the subcontract acquisition process including:
- participation in strategic sourcing decisions
- international subcontracting
- teaming agreement generation and execution
- preparing requests for proposals consistent with customer solicitations, federal statutes and regulations and enterprise policies and procedures
- evaluating proposal submissions
- identifying risk and mitigation strategies
- developing negotiation plans and negotiating, and preparing subcontract files in compliance with Northrop Grumman values, policies, procedures, and practices.
The ability to collaborate with program management and other multi-functional teams is required. Successful candidate must be able to multi-task, make decisions in a timely manner, display strong interpersonal skills, have a general knowledge of FAR/DFARS and associated Federal Contracting regulations and be capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- BS/BA degree with a minimum of 6 years of relatable, progressive subcontracts/procurement experience or Masters with a minimum4 years, progressive subcontracts/procurement experience. Mayconsider an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Understanding of procurement policies, procedures, and regulations is essential.
- The ability to work well in team environments is required.
- Must have strong organizational skills as well as demonstrated ability to develop and present information to a variety of stakeholders and to package said information in a manner consistent with the target audience .
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and apply sound judgment to problem solving required.
- MBA and/or CPCM desirable.
- Extensive experience supporting multiple Solicitations and Capture Activities is preferred.
- Experience with international subcontracting and SAP Procurement & Accounting System is highly desirable.
Back to top