Principal Supply Chain Procurement Specialist
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services in McLean, VA is seeking a Principal Supply Chain Procurement Specialist to join our team. This position will be responsible primarily for the acquisition of software, hardware maintenance services, hardware, contract labor, and procurement card purchases.
In this role, you will:
- Source and procure goods and services of a commodity nature from many suppliers.
- Initiate Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers. In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Work with internal customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required.
- Identify opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations.
- Issue purchase orders. Manage performance of purchase orders, ensuring compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employ sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
- Review and approve supplier payment as needed.
- Utilize process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Problem solving acumen through the d evelopment of solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
- Perform fairly complex tasks and participate in determining objectives of assignment.
- The abilityto plan schedules and arrange own activities in accomplishing objectives, with work being reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- The ability to i mpact supplier performance and internal peers/customers by e xerting some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
- The ability to act as a Liaison by r epresenting the functional organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- May develop and deliver presentations
- Possess aBachelors degree with a minimum6 years related experience -OR- a Master's degree with a minimum 4 years experience.
- Must p ossess progressive experience in the procurement of products and services in a federal customer environment with some procurement experience in domestic and/or international or commercial environment.
- In-depth understanding of procurement policies, procedures, and regulations (FAR & supplemental regulatory requirements such as DFARS, etc.).
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience with SAP and/or ERP/MRP software.
- Demonstrated ability to present information in a variety of formats to all levels of internal/external management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top