Principal Supplier Quality Engineer
- Brigham City, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently looking for a Principal Supplier Quality Engineer to work in our Promontory, UT location.
The Supplier Quality Engineer functions associated with design, fabrication, and inspection of materials/components used in the production of Aerospace materials and hardware both in-house and at supplier facilities. Ability to develop, plan, and implement quality methods and strategies for procured items to assure the design, procurement, acceptance, and use of procured items. Ability to apply problem solving/critical thinking skills to support and resolve issues with supplied items that impact the production line. Ability to interface effectively with suppliers, customers (including government e.g. NASA, Navy, DCMA), work associates/teams, and management. Ability to work autonomously at suppliers. Capabilities to study, understand, and apply stringent procedures to assigned duties. Develop inspection criteria and plans for procured items. Create and manage contractual quality flow down requirements for programs.
- Develops and implements supplier quality evaluation and control systems.
- Assures supplier process and product quality, including contractual, regulatory, and technical compliance.
- Interfaces directly with supplier personnel and must be knowledgeable in and capable of assessing both supplier quality and manufacturing processes and procedures. Conducts product and process verification activities, monitors supplier quality performance
- Drives root cause corrective action analysis for supplier quality issues.
- Supports the maintenance of the approved supplier list and periodically reviews supplier performance to determine whether suppliers should remain on the approved list.
- Manages supplier requests for waivers, deviations and discrepancy reporting process.
- Coordinates and oversees Supplier Quality plan implementation through all program phases.
- Manages implementation of Supplier Quality processes, including supplier approval activities, source selection evaluations, supplier classification designation (Critical, Key and Standard),
- Development and execution of supplier quality risk assessments and mitigation plans, and supplier quality requirements development and flow-downs.
- Bachelors in an Engineering or Technical Science disciple is required
- B.S in Engineering and 5 years' experience or M.S and 3 years' experience
- Position can be filled at a higher level, B.S and 9 years' experience or M.S and 7 years of experience
• Experience in quality and aerospace business is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top