Principal Structural Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in El Segundo, CA has an opening for a Principal Structural Analysis Engineer.This position can also be filled at our sites in Melbourne, FL, Rancho Dominguez, CA, or Palmdale, CA.
In this role you will support the Structural Analysis Tools, Methods, and Processes Community of Practice for the purposes of Model Based Engineering development execution.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage ES-AS Liaison activities, Program Liaison activities, and Training Materials Development and Dissemination
- Teach classes and other training scenarios
- COTS Tools execution for Analysis
- Siemens Tools collaboration for Analysis
- CPLM/Tc4SIM development, implementation, and training
- CPLM/Tc4SIM testing efforts for the various test and Program environments
- Tool Enhancement Requests
- Analyze, research and develop structural engineering specifications involving metals, non-metallic or composite structural materials for product design, or operation of product to include structures, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronics, power plant, armament, heating and ventilating, equipment and maintenance designs.
- Analyze damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modeling.
- Have knowledge in specific structural engineering specialties may include dynamics and loads, stability and stress fatigue and thermal analysis.
- Utilize tools such as CATIA, IDEAS, ProEngineer and a variety of software applications.
Applicants may be required to learn knowledge of program deployment and licensing support; knowledge of design and analysis tools management; experience in managing CPLM/Tc4SIM development items, implementation, and training; experience with Optimization Software, Non-Linear Solutions, and Advanced Composites Execution Methods; Tools Development & Software Coding Experience such as VBA; an ability to teach classes and provide training guidance.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Structural Engineering, and/or Civil Engineering from an accredited universitywith 5 yearsof experience in anengineering industry, Masters of Science in Engineering with 3 years of experience, OR PhD
- Ability to obtain and maintain (in scope) DOD Secret clearance.
- Familiarity with ASTRA development.
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis Tools such as FEMAP and Nastran.
- Exposure to or experience using Analysis Tools supporting mechanical and aerospace applications such as Mathcad and MATLAB.
- Prior Military Aircraft experience
- Knowledge in Aircraft and/or Spacecraft programs and Advanced Technologies
- A ctive DoD Secret level clearance with a background investigation date within 10 years OR
- A ctive DoD Top Secret level clearance with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR
- A ctive DoD SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Ability to obtain clearance to Special Access Programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top