Principal / Sr Principal Engineer Space Systems
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air, land, sea and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
This position is for a multifaceted Systems Engineering role for supporting an operational Space System, including System Operations Support, Integration and Test support (for anomaly investigation and resolution and for software patches and improvements), Test Equipment and Lab hardware support, and general Systems Engineering Support (for requirements development, derivation, and flow-down and updating documentation).
System Operations Support:
Actively support system operations, which includes responding to customer questions and problem reports. The bulk of this activity is anomaly resolution. When issues are reported, the factory engineers must assess and troubleshoot the issue. This may include using engineering hardware for troubleshooting and contacting the required subject matter experts if the problem is not easily diagnosed. The resultant actions can range from software updates to modifications of operating procedures. Additionally, there is the general monitoring of the system state of health by reviewing telemetry data and logs.
Integration and Test Support:
Support software updates for the system. This includes integrating and testing software modifications on the lab hardware. Performing sell-off testing which can include generating a test plan, test procedures, test scripts, and test reports.
Test Equipment and Lab Support:
Maintain program test equipment and lab hardware to support on-going activities. This includes COTS equipment such as signal generators, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers. In addition, there are custom built STE (Specialized Test Equipment) racks that need to be maintained. The hardware needs to be periodically sent out for calibration and tracked per Government property and security protocols.
Systems Engineering Support:
This is general systems engineering support which includes coordinating with the customer with regards to system updates, updating documentation that drives updates such as ICDs, developing requirements and the associated flow-down into the system.
This requisition may be filled at a higher level based on the qualifications below:
Basic Qualifications for Principal Space I&T Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related technical curriculum with 5 years relevant experience (3 years with Master's Degree)
- Systems engineering experience in integration and test and/or requirements development and derivation
- Must have active SCI clearance
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related technical curriculum with 9 years relevant experience (7 years with Master's Degree)
- Demonstratedsuccess achieving technical solutionsinone or more of the following areas: systems operations,integration and test, test equipment and lab support, or customer support and requirements development.
- Must have active SCI clearance
- ABILITY TO TROUBLESHOOT SYSTEMS (INTERMEDIATE)
- ANOMALY RESOLUTION (INTERMEDIATE)
- AUTOMATED TEST TOOLS (INTERMEDIATE)
- BENCH TESTING (INTERMEDIATE)
- CLEAR CASE (BEGINNER)
- CLEAR QUEST (BEGINNER)
- CONOPS DEVELOPMENT (BEGINNER)
- COST ESTIMATING (INTERMEDIATE)
- CUSTOMER PRESENTATIONS (INTERMEDIATE)
- DOORS (BEGINNER)
- HW/SW INTEGRATION (ADVANCED)
- I&T (ADVANCED)
- LAB MANAGEMENT (BEGINNER)
- PROPOSAL BOE DEVELOPER (BEGINNER)
- REQUIREMENTS DEVELOPMENT (ADVANCED)
- REQUIREMENTS EVALUATION (ADVANCED)
- REQUIREMENTS VERIFICATION (ADVANCED)
- REQUIREMENTS MANAGEMENT (ADVANCED)
- SCRIPTING (BEGINNER)
- SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT (BEGINNER)
- SOFTWARE TESTER (BEGINNER)
- SPR/SCR RESOLUTION (INTERMEDIATE)
- SYSTEM DESCRIPTION DOCUMENTATION (INTERMEDIATE)
- SYSTEMS ENGINEERING (ADVANCED)
- TEST EQUIPMENT (INTERMEDIATE)
- TEST PLANNING (ADVANCED)
- TEST PROCEDURE DEVELOPMENT (ADVANCED)
- TEST PROCEDURE WRITING (ADVANCED)
- VALIDATION & VERIFICATION (ADVANCED)
Back to top