Principal Space Systems Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Space Systems Engineering Organization has an opening for a Principal Space Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Space Park Center of Excellence to include Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach and El Segundo CA.
Multiple roles in Space Systems Engineering are available throughout the product development life-cycle of our programs to include mission, vehicle, bus, payload, ground systems engineers skilled in architecture design, requirements and verification, interface definition, design and integration, test and integration, and launch and operations. Additionally, unique skill sets such as MBSE, testbeds, alignments, SW engineering, orbital determination, and mass properties. Available positions require that the candidate have a strong understanding of one or more of the skills described. Project roles span all phases from new business acquisition, and IRAD/ technology development to established programs.
Candidates should have academic and/or work experience in one of the following engineering disciplines; mechanical, electrical, RF, control systems, data systems. Working knowledge of design and requirements development tools is helpful. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineering from other engineering disciplines.
Come and join us in 2020 as we strive to define the possible.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 5+ years of engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 3+ years of engineering experience OR
- PhD in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline
- Active DoD Top Secret/SSBI and/or active SCI
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- Experience working on military aircraft / spacecraft systems
- Experience in developing, managing, and decomposing requirements
- Experience in system architecture, CONOPs, or model based system engineering
- Experience in subsystem, payload, or system integration
- Experience using DOORS, Cameo
- Strong People and Technical Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication Skills (upward and downward)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top