Principal Space Electrical Power Subsystem Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Principal Space Electrical Power Subsystem (EPS) Engineer - 3 located in Redondo Beach, CA, to be part of the team responsible for the design and delivery of space vehicle electrical power subsystems with responsibilities including (but not limited) to:
- Participate in electrical power architecture definition
- Size EPS components including solar array, batteries, and power subsystem topology selection
- Support design review process for the units as well as subsystem preliminary and critical design audits and reviews
- Develop EPS software algorithms
- Support subsystem test bed
- Perform EPS analysis that include energy balance, power quality, and array shadowing/glint
- Work the flow down and management of requirements at the subsystem level, unit level specs, and algorithm requirements
- Participate in technical trades
- Support requirements verification and vehicle and subsystem integration
- Work and execute independently with some technical oversight
- Mentor junior engineers and provide guidance on best practices
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of engineering experience or 3 years with a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline OR a PhD in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline.
- Ability to obtain SCI, DoD Secret and/or Top Secret Clearance with SSBI
- Active SSBI clearance
- Detail-oriented and have excellent verbal and written communications skills, leadership skills, and organization skills
- Power electronics, mixed signal electronics, battery, and/or solar array design with experience through the entire system lifecycle from concept, design, production, integration, test, launch, to operation support.
- Detailed knowledge of circuit simulation software such as PSPICE
- Experience with power converter and power quality analysis
- Working knowledge of requirements management, risk management, subcontract management, hardware procurement, and subsystem to subsystem critical interfaces.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top