Principal Software Quality Engineer
- Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Software Quality Engineer reporting to the Software Quality Manager in the Manned Aircraft Center of Excellence (CoE). This position is located in Melbourne, FL .
The Software Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring product and process quality with the software programming skills necessary to team and collaborate closely with systems, software, and test engineers to participate and provide technical oversight, comments, and solution alternatives throughout requirements analysis, design, code, and test.
This position will be working on one of Northrop Grumman's proprietary and cutting edge programs.
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to:
- Participate in bid and proposal efforts to provide cost estimates.
- Review customer, system and software requirements to ensure the flowdown of requirements is complete and unambiguous.
- Review and verify design documents meet appropriate standards.
- Review source code and provide technical feedback and solutions alternatives.
- Participate in contractual reviews and audits, program/IPT meetings, and configuration control board meetings.
- Perform process audits of software development processes to assure compliance to established policies, procedures, work instructions, and program specific plans.
- Examine the products associated with the preparation and configuration control of software test environments to assess the team's readiness to enter formal testing.
- Witness execution of software qualification and system acceptance tests to ensure tests are executed in accordance with approved test procedures, requirements are fully verified, and that all test procedure and software anomalies are documented and tracked to closure.
- Evaluate and ensure software suppliers possess the capability and capacity necessary to execute and deliver procured software with unquestionable quality.
- Facilitate thorough root cause analysis on major findings and ensure appropriate corrective and preventive actions are developed and implemented in a timely manner.
- Conduct data analysis, data integration, and data management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related discipline from an accredited institution and a Minimum 5 years of experience in Software Quality, Software Engineering or related discipline OR Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related discipline from an accredited institution and a Minimum 3 years of experience in Software Quality, Software Engineering or related discipline.
- Must have an Active, In-Scope DOD Secret, or higher, Security Clearance that has been granted / issued within the past 6 years
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Proficient in computer programming language(s) (e.g. C, C++, C#, Java, Java Script, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top