Principal Software Integration and Test Engineer
The Northrop Grumman Missions Systems sector is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with leadership skills and hands-on experience characterizing, implementing, and stressing system security solutions. This position requires the ability to understand a system architecture and determine how to stress the architecture's mission critical functions and components, to include Anti-Tamper (AT) protection techniques and/or Risk Management Framework (RMF) building blocks.
The systems engineer will support system security capability development programs by supporting the planning and execution of design verification testing, theverification, and the validation of unit level system security software and hardware capabilities. The systems engineer will support system security production programs by supporting the planning and execution of verification, and validation of systems level system security software and hardware capabilities, to include the integration into end user environments.
- Collaborate with software and hardware teams to understand expected unit level and system level behavior to define test cases and define & develop test capabilities that exercise and stress respective software and hardware capabilities.
- Execute planned design verification testing and systems level integration and testing tasks.
- Collaborate with software and hardware subject matter experts to ensure testing is producing expected data points.
- Support the development and maintenance of system integration plans and system test plans.
- Support systems engineering technical reviews.
- Collaborate with integration and test lead, lab management and information technology infrastructure teams to ensure the availability of requisite power, compute, physical security, safety mechanisms, and environmental conditioning.
- Five (5) years of experience with Bachelors in Science; Three (3) years of experience with Masters; Zero (0) years of experience with PhD in a STEM discipline
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DOD Secret clearance or higher.
- Ability to qualify for program access based on customer requirements (SAP/SAR)
- Knowledge of embedded systems design and implementation
- Bachelors in Science, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering.
- Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Previous experience working on a Special Access Program
- Experience testing software written in C, C++.
- Experience developing scripts in python to automate manual processes.
- Experience coding in MATLAB to support capability characterization.
- Experience with messaging techniques such as sockets, UDP, TCP.
- Experience with FPGA and GPU APIs.
- Willingness and ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS (10% or less).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top