Principal Software Engineer - TS/SCI Clearance
- Redondo Beach, CA
Northrop Grumman is a pioneering company. We design, develop, build and support some of the world's most advanced products, from cutting-edge aircraft and next-generation spacecraft to unrivaled cyber security systems and all-seeing radars.
Whether it's making a 200 ton airplane invisible, predicting cyber-attacks before they happen or solving the mysteries of the universe, wherever the boundaries of possible are being pushed, Northrop Grumman is there.
For 60 years, Northrop Grumman has anticipated the future of military space. From the launch pad to orbit, we deliver everything from missile systems to spacecraft to launch and command and control systems. We are dedicated to providing strategic defense, secure and reliable communications, robust missile warning and advanced space situational awareness to support our customers.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Software Engineer with the Software Engineering organization based out of Redondo Beach, CA.
The software engineer will develop and maintain software to automate testing of RF, Power, Digital, or Mixed Signal devices that range from chips to subsystems. Candidate will develop and maintain tools for data trending and post processing. Candidate must understand the domain of the devices under test, including the test methodologies and the respective instrumentation. Candidate will provide innovative solutions that decrease test time, decrease data review time, or improve quality of data and provide timely support on the factory floor to ensure minimal delays in test.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product software. Determines overall system and user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
Candidates should have academic and work experience in software engineering and development across the full life cycle for automated test sets/test systems on aerospace programs. Candidate should have experience working in a process oriented environment utilizing waterfall, spiral, or agile processes. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineering from other engineering disciplines.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 5+ years software development experience, or Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3+ years of software development experience, or PhD Degree in a STEM discipline
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance (please reference job description for clearance requirements)
- Dept of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years OR Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering,Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Experience with multiple programming languages including C,C++,C#, Java, Python, or others
- Experience with multiple phases of the life cycle including software systems architecture development, requirements definition and analysis, OO development, code and unit test, system integration and test
- Experience in aerospace programs, embedded systems, test set software, ground systems applications, database design, or full stack development
Back to top