Principal Software Engineer - Test Sets (LabView EGSE) - TS and/or SCI Required
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is a pioneering company. We design, develop, build and support some of the world's most advanced products, from cutting-edge aircraft and next-generation spacecraft to unrivaled cyber security systems and all-seeing radars.
Whether it's making a 200 ton airplane invisible, predicting cyber-attacks before they happen or solving the mysteries of the universe, wherever the boundaries of possible are being pushed, Northrop Grumman is there.
For 60 years, Northrop Grumman has anticipated the future of military space. From the launch pad to orbit, we deliver everything from missile systems to spacecraft to launch and command and control systems. We are dedicated to providing strategic defense, secure and reliable communications, robust missile warning and advanced space situational awareness to support our customers.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Software Engineer - Test Sets with the Software Engineering organization based out of Redondo Beach, CA.
This role is for a Test Set Software Engineer to support the Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) suite of test sets (LabView/Windows). The candidate will be part of a small EGSE Team supporting P093 test set enhancements and upgrades.
Responsibilities include software development, test, delivery, and support in response to various requirements, such as but not limited to hardware obsolescence upgrades. In this role, the candidate will interface with hardware RDEs, systems administrators, vendors, ops crew and test conductors, in order to execute test set tasks as required during the full life cycle. Position focuses primarily on the LabView-centric test sets (such as mini-ACTS, PTS, DDLS, etc.), however other test sets within the EGSE suite may also require support. Position may require some travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience OR 3 years with a Master's Degree OR 0 years with PhD
- Programming experience in LabView on Windows
- Ability to travel 10% to support offsite operations
- Ability to work on-call/extended hours (1-3 times a year)
- Active U.S. Government DOD TOP SECRET or SCI Security Clearance
- Good understanding of basic networking concepts
- Able to troubleshoot and debug software & hardware
- Able to work effectively in a small team. Willing to take on challenges and take initiative to resolve issues
- Able to communicate technical information and issues with teammates, managers, and customers
Back to top